CMC Rescue 8 Descender - Steel w/Chrome Plated Finish
The Rescue 8 descender is a type of descent device commonly referred to within the technical rescue industry as a figure eight descender and is used for rappel, rappelling and descent maneuvers in the field in search and rescue (SAR), urban search & rescue (USAR) and has solution applications for fire rescue and industrial rope access.
- Machined from 1/2-inch (12.5-mm) plate
- Classic rescue 8 design has been refined for even better performance with today’s selection of rescue rope
- No longer using 5/8-in (16-mm) rope for smaller dimensions of our Rescue 8 provide greater control
- Proprietary finish on the aluminum model provides outstanding wear resistance, while the nickel-chrome-plated steel model excels in high-wear situations, such as sandy, gritty environments
- Extended carabiner hole accommodates multiple carabiners