Celox™ RAPID is the fastest acting hemostatic dressing, reducing treatment time and blood loss. It packs faster, requires minimal post-application compression, reduces blood loss and provides greater stability in evacuation compared to traditional products. Celox™ RAPID is proven to stop bleeding independent of the clotting cascade, which is critical to survival in the hypovolemic, hypothermic or anticoagulated patient. Celox™ RAPID gauze can be rapidly applied to a wound within half the time of competitive devices.1 This product has been proven in vivo testing to stop major arterial bleeding by coagulating blood within 1 minute, reducing additional blood loss.1
Celox™ RAPID gauze is suitable or:
- Severe high pressure bleeding
- Arterial and venous bleeding
- Bullet, blast, knife and shrapnel wounds
- Wound packing
- All topical bleeding wounds
- Requires minimal compression time compared to 3 minutes of compression for Combat Gauze. (per instructions for use)3
- Celox™ RAPID is the only hemostatic cleared by the FDA for one (1) minute of compression
- Celox™ RAPID gauze reduces blood loss by 60% compared to Combat Gauze.4
- Celox™ RAPID gauze uses the same chitosan technology as Celox™ gauze, which obtained highest observed survival of 90% versus 70% by Combat Gauze XL™ in US DOD testing.5
- Works independent of the clotting cascade
- Ideal treatment for tourniquet conversion of prolonged field care casualties
- Utilizes 60% less material compared to Combat Gauze to achieve better results 1,3
- Demonstrates significantly stronger clot formation after treatment at time intervals of 1 minute, 3 minutes and 20 minutes, in comparative testing against Chitogauze™ and Combat Gauze 4
- Improved hemostatic, proven to stop moderate to severe bleeding, even in coagulopathic patients 1
- 5’ Z-Fold packs faster than other 12’ competitive gauzes.1
- Less compression time compared to Combat Gauze2
- Demonstrates decreased secondary blood loss in comparison to Combat Gauze3
- Maintains volume and adhesion to wet tissue during use, helping it to stay in place during evacuation while maintaining hemostasis 4
(1)Based on in vivo testing, data on record at Medtrade[Mechanism of action rapid-acting gauze hemostat. A Hoggart el al. Poster at ATACCC1 FL].
(2)Reduced Application Time with a Rapid Packing Gauze Hemostat A Hoggarth et al. Poster, ATACCC 2011, FL.
(3)Testing a new gauze hemostat with reduced treatment time. A Hoggarth et al. Poster, ATACCC 2011, FL.
(4)Chitosan based advanced hemostatic dressing is associated with decreased blood loss in a swine uncontrolled hemorrhage model, Kunio N et al Am J Surg 2013.
(5)Rall JM et al. Comparison of novel hemostatic dressing with QuikClot Combat gauze in a standardized swine model of uncontrolled hemorarhage. J. Trauma 2013